Thursday, August 2, 2012

Comfort Those Who Mourn

     Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."
     When we face a trial in our lives, like losing loved ones, know that Jesus will give you comfort.  Know that if you care for someone who is mourning, you need to comfort them in their need.  We all go through dark times in our lives when we really need someone, God or our friends and family.  If there are friends that are reaching out to help you, take their hand.  If someone is in need, reach out and take their hand.  Let's give our love to those who need it the most.  I have seen a lot of tragedy in the last couple of weeks and realize that I have no control over things in my life.  I pray, I hope, I have faith that all will work out, and God promises it will.  I don't know how, but I do know that God's plans are better than my plans.


     We all hurt at times and we all need someone in our lives, especially in the hard times.  God said in the garden that it wasn't good that Adam was alone, so He created Eve.  We are not alone for a reason.  We love, we help, we care.  Or we can berate, insult or hate.  Which will you do?  Love one another.  Even if an enemy is mourning, give them comfort as well.  Life is too short to gripe, complain and hate.  And life is too short to neglect those who are mourning.  Give of yourself today for those who are in need.  Be a comfort to others, because if Jesus, who was crucified, can give those who hated Him comfort, and forgave the world, we can surely give comfort to those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment