Thursday, August 9, 2012

Why Does This Happen to Me?

     There are questions in life that may not have answers and this question in my title is one.  Why things happen is something we may never know in this lifetime.  There is a time for everything, Ecclesiastes says.  "A time to be born and a time to die..."  "A time to kill and a time to heal..."  It all has to do with the Will of God.  Though in truth, God's Will is not for us to die.  He gives us life.  But there are reasons beyond our knowledge and control that the purpose for loss and sorrow come. We are strengthened through crises.  We grow closer to Jesus through trials.  Life is never easy, but we must trust.

     I just went to a funeral yesterday of a well-beloved father, grandfather, great-grandfather, friend, and boss of many over the years.  He suffered from cancer, and we don't know why.  Why would people who do so good in life suffer?  I have a friend who has cancer and we just hope for a miracle in her life, for her and her family.  She never considers herself before others, so why would God let her suffer?  We just have to believe, hope and trust, that whatever happens in our lives, God has a plan for all of us.

     There are things that I don't understand and things I don't have an answer for.  Things like how one man could be allowed to have millions killed because he didn't like their nationality.  And how it may possibly happen again after 70 years.  I don't understand how millions of babies could be allowed to be murdered before they even have a chance to be born.  I just don't understand, but I have to trust God.  In the end, "Every knee shall bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."  Jesus died so that we might live.  Maybe not on earth, but in eternity.  Why we suffer is not the question.  What will we do when we suffer should be the question we have an answer for.  

    James 1:2-3, "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience."  

         No, we don't know why, but we can know that it is for our good and we will be better if we trust.  I know it hurts.  I know we see no reason.  But I also know that God has a purpose for our lives and it is better than what we can even imagine.  Just trust and just believe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment