Monday, August 6, 2012

Attitude or Badditude?

     Sometimes we go through life with an attitude of thankfulness and appreciation for others.  We don't complain about others and just accept who they are.  We are positive in our actions and the strife of others causing trouble.  We just take what comes to us with grace and mercy.  If we have that attitude, we have it made and life is smooth and desirable.  We trust God to work out all the bumps in the road.  No matter what happens in life, we know it's all worth it if we obey God's calling in our lives.  
     Then there are those of us who have what I call a badditude.  That is, a bad attitude.  We gripe, we complain and get easily angered at the people who we don't quite understand where they are coming from.  We hold grudges, blame others for our mistakes and we don't forgive. Nothing makes us happy no matter what.  Our lives become miserable, and nothing makes us happy.  This badditude does not please or glorify God.  If we would trust Him and know that we are sinners just like the next guy, we might be nicer and take more from others.  Smiling at others who are not so nice to us, may be the best revenge.  Being kind is one of the fruits of the Spirit and God requires us to show our kindness.
     I know in my life, I have done things and said things I later regretted.  I don't want that in my life at all.  I want a life filled with joy and know that I have glorified God in everything I do and say.  I want to be righteous before God and be in His will.  I want to go from badditude to attitude.  Hopefully it's what we all want to strive for in our lives.  It's easy to love those who are loveable, but to love someone who isn't pleasant means more to our Father.  Be the kind of person that when God takes you home to Him, He will say, "Well done".  Galatians 5:22-23, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is no law".  What kind of fruit do you have?  Is it good fruit or is it rotten and shriveled?  

No comments:

Post a Comment