Thursday, January 1, 2015

What Do You Expect From 2015?

Isaiah 42:8-10
I am the Lord, that is My Name; and My Glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images.  Behold, the former things have come to pass, and things new I declare; before they spring forth I tell you of the.  Sing to the Lord a new song, and His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you coastlands and you inhabitants of them!

     There are no flying cars.  There are no time traveling vehicles, there are no flux capacitors (that I know of).  We don't use trash for fuel, and skateboard still travel on wheels too, yet, here is the year 2015.  We have however, did travel through time, whether it was from 1955, 1985 or other previous dates.  We had a birth, a childhood and adolescence, and quite possibly now in young adulthood, middle aged, or as we fondly, but mistakenly call, "The Golden Years".  I know it's a bit corny to reference Back to the Future in this blog, but that's been my joke for 2015.  We have no flying cars!  Technology has stopped in it's tracks on that point.  

     What we do have is a new beginning.  A New day, a New week, a New month and of course, a New Year to start afresh.  What do you expect from 2015?  What do you expect from yourself or from God?  Or should the question be, what does God expect from you?  If I were to make a New Year's resolution (which I find mostly useless), it would be to be more compassionate, loving, kind and to help those in need and share the Gospel with many people.  Most resolutions are pointless and unattainable, but if we attain to be more Christ-like, the Holy Spirit will guide us.  There may be trials and tribulations this year, but only so that we can grow in Christ and walk His path.

     2015 will be a very good year.  God makes each day, so it's all good.  What we do when trouble strikes depends on how good we make our days.  I once heard a man say that every day is good, no matter what happens.  This is true in every sense.  This year we all need to make a difference in our behavior, our attitude, our lifestyle, and our walk with God.  God expects from us our devotion, our faithfulness, our trust and our willingness to "go out and make disciples".  This year draw closer to Jesus and do what He commands you to do.

Happy New Year and welcome to 2015 (without flying cars)!

Sabrina 


No comments:

Post a Comment