Saturday, November 1, 2014

Doubt and Worry

Matthew 14:31
And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt"?

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

     I haven't blogged in awhile.  I really couldn't pinpoint why I hadn't written at all.  Though today I'm not talking about discouragement, I have been discouraged, and that right there brought me to doubt my abilities, not just in writing, but all my talents and gifts God gave me.  I saw Jesus and got out of the boat.  Then I saw the storm and started to sink.  Thankfully, He came to me and pulled me up and saved me.  My faith was wavering and I not only doubted myself, but I doubted Him.  Each time God has me do His Will, satan invariably comes up and puts thoughts into my head that I'm nothing, a nobody.  Satan is wrong!  He already has lost the battle, and I've gained victory through Christ.  I go to Jesus each time, and He lifts me out of the storm.  So why so little faith?  Why do I doubt?  Because I, for a moment, look at the storm instead of my Savior and sink into despair.  But God is always ready to help when I call out to Him.
     There are storms everyday, but God is right there ready to bring us through it.  When the world says that God can't or won't help, ignore their blasphemies, and listen to Jesus.  When the world persecutes you, stand up, stand firm, and stand strong in Jesus.  When you're sick, and think you are of no help to God, think again.  Jesus uses every obstacle for His plan for your life, for His glory.  God's promises are true, even today when men say there is no God.  I don't believe in men, I believe in God!

     After doubt comes worry.  In the NKJV in Philippians, it says anxious.  Worry and anxious are synonymous.  When I pray for something or someone, I sometimes doubt, then, ultimately I worry.  We are to worry about nothing and pray.  When we pray, we are to believe, not doubt or worry.  If we doubt or worry, why pray?  Trust is another word that comes to mind as I write this.  Believe God and trust God, in EVERYTHING.  He cannot lie.  He is trustworthy at ALL TIMES.  There are things that are going on in this world that are horrible.  Everyday we hear about terrorists, diseases, wars, school shootings and such.  It can be worrisome.  But Who is in control?  God is.  Pray.  Take it to Him.  Give Him your worries.
     Life was never meant to be easy after the Fall.  We struggle to make ends meet, with our families, with illness and the world going on around us.  But Jesus has the answer in every situation.  Why does He allow such troubles?  Why does He allow such sins?  He showed it at the Cross.  We fell as a human race and separated ourselves from God, then God gave us His Son as a sacrifice for an atonement for our sins, to honor and glorify Him.  He gave us a way out.  He gave us a second chance.  We were created to glorify God and we blew it, but He let us off the hook by the way of the Cross.  Worrying is from the Enemy.  God's got our backs.  Why worry?

     Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest".  When we doubt and worry, we carry a heavy burden that only Jesus can take from us.  Give it to Him.  One thing I've learned is that I will not stop doubting or worrying, but the remedy is that I cry out to Jesus in times of distress and ask Him to help me.  We are not perfect until we see Jesus on the other side of eternity.  So for now, things will pop up and we'll wonder where God is.  Things will pop up and worry us, but the good news is He will hold us in His arms and comfort us at any given time.  Just let Him.


Just wait for what's in store for November!  Remember, be thankful.
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment