Thursday, November 15, 2012

     Luke 6:31
"And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise".

     How do you treat others?  Do we treat them with kindness or do we treat them with contempt?  Do you treat them with love or do you hate others?  Do you have patience or do you not wait on God?  And the real question here is, how do you want to be treated?  Do you want kindness, or contempt?  Do you want to be loved, or to be hated?  Do you want people's patience with you, or do you want them just to throw up their hands and give up on you?  What are you willing to do to be treated how you want others to treat you?

     I have learned the hard way, that no matter how others treat me, I need to treat them how I want them to treat me.  I sometimes fail at that.  When I don't get my way, I treat others badly at times.  I don't think in terms of how Jesus treated others in spite how they treated Him.  If we want love, we need to love.  If we want acceptance, we must accept others for who they are.  If we want others to be kind to us, we must be kind.  

     Galatians 5:22-23 states, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is no law".  We as Christians need to show Jesus' light, and we do that through the Spirit's fruit.  If we don't, we are disobeying God and not doing what's according to His Will.  I write this knowing that I haven't lived as I should, and I hope that through the Holy Spirit's conviction in my life, I will learn to treat others how I want to be treated, no matter the cost, because Jesus treated others as He wanted to be treated at the cost of His life.  I hope to learn from Christ's example.  Will you also?

No comments:

Post a Comment