Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Why Forgive Others?

Mark 11:25
And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.

     Many years had passed with unforgiveness in my heart.  My heart was is agony.  I was defeated.  The unnecessary pain I went through was enough to engulf me in flames of despair to the point of death.  The troubles I had in the past compared to nothing that happened after.  Not a day went by that my turmoil and strife overwhelmed me.  I was wronged and I sure wasn't going to let that person off easy.  But it hurt me more than them.  Several years of hurt, anger and anguish passed...until I made my relationship right with Jesus.

     Jesus commands that we forgive, or we won't be forgiven.  It doesn't matter if someone murdered the one you loved, or a friend lied to you.  You must forgive.  It's not for the sake of the one who hurt you, but for your sake.  We all sin, since Adam and Eve.  We've all hurt someone.  Would you want to be forgiven?  Then forgive.  The barriers and walls of unforgiveness keeps us in bondage to Satan.  He wants us to hate others and be miserable, and he wants us separated from God's forgiveness.  Jesus died for our sins.  He forgave them all.  So why shouldn't we forgive others?

     The heart of following Jesus is to forgive.  If you have a grievance with someone, go to them and make it right.  Forgiving someone does not excuse what they have done to you, it just means that you put the past behind you and let go of what they did.  We can't save others on our own merit, but God can.  In forgiving someone, it may change them, and they may get right with God.  You never know what an impact you can make with your actions, whether good or bad.  And if you forgive them, God will forgive you.

I hope you will be blessed with a forgiving heart today.

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment