Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankfulness

     With Thanksgiving coming up in the United States, we find ourselves thinking of thankful statements.  We realize how God has blessed us each year.  The question is, why do we wait for Thankgiving Day or the entire month of November to be thankful?  Yes, Thanksgiving is a celebration of thankfulness, but are we thankful in January, May, July or December?  Are you thankful for the New Year?  Are you thankful for Spring after a cold winter?  Are you thankful that in the United States we have our independence?  Are you thankful that Christ was born into this world to later die for our sins?  And what about those of you in other countries?  When are you thankful and what are you thankful for?  With each passing trial and tribulation, we ask why this is happening, but should we be thankful for what God has given us, like the strength to endure hardships?  What do you think?

     God created man in His own image.  That's enough for me to be thankful everyday of my life.  God loved us so much that He made us in His own image!  Wow!  That is amazing and we know from that, that we are special.  Whatever the day brings, find something to be thankful for. When I wake up each day, I thank God.  Each day we live has a promise and we all should be thankful for that.  In James it says to "count it all joy when you fall into various trials".  Be thankful that God uses trials to ultimately give you true peace and joy and victory over Satan's darts.  To be thankful in hard time takes courage and faith.  It is very tough, but God doesn't give us what we can't handle.  

     Take the courage and have faith that "all things work together".  Many people in the Bible had the courage and faith to thank God in the midst of tribulation.  Will I?  Will you?  Pray for it daily that you can find thanksgiving in every situation.  God gave us life for a purpose.  Trust Him that He will bring you through anything you go through.  I have struggled with several things this year and have wondered why at times.  But I think now how God has strengthened me and has showed me His love and comfort.  My faith has increased because I went through the things I did, and I am thankful for that.  He wants to draw us closer to Him, and sometimes that means going through hardships.  Thankgiving Day brings us to that realization that we are blessed everyday.  How about we realize that all year?  Let's be thankful at all times.



No comments:

Post a Comment